Saturday, June 9, 2012

2011-2012 School Year

This year I learned how to maintain a positive attitude with my students even during the toughest times. In addition, I am getting better and better at not bringing work home every night. By coming in on Sundays and arriving at school very early (between 5:30 and 6:30 am) on most Tuesdays and Thursdays, I finally gained a life outside of school. It has only taken me about 25 years to do it!

This past year I only spent about 2,500 dollars of my own money, and next year I am going to spend even less! In addition, I plan to work at Cascade Mountain during the ski season to make a little bit of extra money.

My biggest "Ah ha" moment this year was realizing I have the skills to make things work even when I don't have access to computers, or a reasonable schedule or much choice about curriculum. Volunteers also helped out again this year, and I found some new ways to help students overcome problems. As a result, I think I am better able to "go with the flow" and enjoy some of the things I like about teaching.

My husband, Phil, really kept me going this year with a lot of positive comments and reminders about past years (I really love that guy!) and the end-of-the-year student evaluations helped me feel the "extra" things I do for students are still appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment